vultures
Profile
I'm Yiliang
I'm 19
That's all you need to know about me.



imprints, meth, chlotte, thispicture, aragwen
Designer your.juliet
Thursday, December 30, 2010
I just finished a Movie, and trust me, I have no idea what the title of the movie is, but it was a damn good show, about the war back in 1942.

It was about a bunch of crewman on board a Submarine.

But that didn't catch my attention.

What caught my attention was this conversation between a Sea Veteran and a new Sea Captain.

Vet : Permission to be blunt sir.
Cap : Please...
Vet : What you did back there, was utter rubbish sir, the phrase back there "I don't know", those 3 words kill your crew, a Skipper must always know what to do, no matter if he really knows or not.

~~~

How often do we get a role of superiority, a chance to lead, or a chance to make a difference especially on a life or death situation of a man, or a crew of men?

And how often, do we take that seriously?

There are no born leaders, leaders are cultivated, but how many are willing to step up to be cultivated?

Do you not care? Or are you indifferent?

And how many a times, when appointed as leader, are we guilty of the crime of the 3 words, "I don't know". If you don't feel the severity, let's put it in different terms.

Army :
- Battalion has been engaged, men have all been battle stationed, officers are waiting for the command from the Commanding Officer, but Commanding Officer panics, and says "I don't know"
- How will the men feel?

Law ( Tribute to myself ) :
- Lawyer have been approached on a case, and this case means every single penny to a person, Lawyer panics. "I don't know"
- What will the person feel?

Family :
- Family just undergone a family crisis, on the edge of bankruptcy, managed to avoid, but when family sits down and talk about how the family should move on together as one entity, father says "I don't know"
- How will the family feel?

~~~

Given leadership chances in life, are privileges, take them, embrace them.

Most importantly, learn from the chances.

There is no perfect leader, but only a leader that never regrets his decision, and a leader that brings his people up and forward constantly.

posted by WarsoreJones at 0 comments